9.16.2012

10 Days

Sweet Rory,
     Today marked your tenth day here with us, and was actually your original due date..the date that has, in my mind, been circled in red since early January.  The date that I let roll around my brain long before I could feel your movements, before I had any idea whether you were a boy or a girl (though my initial thought upon discovering your impending arrival was "a boy!") and the date that I have nervously counted down to all year long, my heart flip-flopping every time I tried to envision what your little face might look like.  I've spent the whole day marveling at the fact that based upon that timeline, you aren't even supposed to be here yet. Of course, ever since I first laid eyes upon you ten days ago, all remembrance of there being a time that we didn't have you practically vanished. 
     Today was a rather busy day for us, with you attending your first birthday party (our dear friend Eleanor turned two) and visits from both your grandma and our friend Joe, and last, but not least, the departing of your belly button.  Such hustle and bustle has left us some tired folks, so this entry is short, but I wanted to be sure to start your special page for you.
                                                  Just arrived. 9:42 p.m. on September 6th.
                                                          6 pounds, 12 ounces, 21 inches.
                                                      
                                                



    




                                             The face your daddy, big brothers, big sister and
                                                     myself are so completely in love with.
                                                        Welcome to the world, dear boy.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world, sweet Rory...

    And your Mama has the best blog name ever...I will forever be jealous of the blog name rorytelling... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, it's Connie, sorry! it's an old blogger ID named after my cat Nikita... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Connie! I did for a short moment wonder if I had a random internet admirer. ;)

      Delete